A couple years ago I bought this display mannequin with the intention of turning it into a proper judy! After a few years of procrastination I decided 2017 was the year to do it!
I began with taking my current measurements and mapped out my body on the judy. Since this is a display the body type is not the most realistic the waist was quite a bit narrower and higher then mine.
The next step was adding foam around the hips, waist, sides and back of the judy. I had a few mishaps with this step but I was able to remedy it with adding small pieces of leftover foam and poly batting!
Next I attached a partial layer of batting to contain any loose bits of foam and for a general smoothing over.
I then added the final layer of batting for a smoothing layer before finishing with a cotton knit cover.
I fitted the cover by draping it over the judy and pinned into place.
Once it was fitting how I wanted it to, I removed the cover and sewed up the side and shoulder seams. I finished the bottom of the cover by folding over the bottom of the edge to create a channel for a drawstring.
I am thrilled with how it turned out and I can’t wait to start on my next project!!